Carolina Handling is the market leader throughout the Southeast for developing and implementing Material Handling solutions. Since 1966 we have based our successful performance on finding and developing the best Associates in the industry. If you're looking for a challenging, rewarding career where you can make a difference, then Carolina Handling is the place for you! At Carolina Handling, professional growth is fundamental to our corporate culture. Our motto is "Exceeding Customer Expectations". This not only applies to our external customers, but to our internal customers -- our Associates. We continually strive to exceed their expectations through career development, continuing education, advancement opportunities, job stability, great benefits and a culture unlike any other.
Operates a tractor trailer to pick up and deliver material handling equipment to and from customers and branch offices while maintaining a professional image and high levels of customer service at all times. Safely load, unload, secure and operate heavy equipment. Maintain compliance with all DOT, FMCSA, and company regulations and guidelines.
This position will require occasional overnight stays and you will be driving a like new truck!
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Have and maintain a current Class A CDL license and physical
- 3+ years of Commercial driving experience
- Maintain familiarity and compliance with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration regulations.
- Perform required DOT safety inspection on delivery equipment before daily delivery or pick-ups are performed.
- Must maintain accurate DOT logs according to state and federal regulations.
- Pick up and delivery of material handling equipment to new, existing and potential new customers.
- Provide customer assistance in basic equipment operation and familiarization.
- Ensure safety, proper operation and load securement of equipment and other cargo at all times, including proper dock procedures.
- Assure quality, cleanliness and accuracy of customer equipment deliveries; perform functional testing of equipment for proper operation and safety before loading.
- Process paperwork, obtaining appropriate customer signature for all contracts and delivery paperwork.
- Report promptly any delays or irregularities effecting the scheduled delivery or return of equipment.
- Responsible for inspection and documentation of any and all damaged or missing equipment on return; review with customer and obtain signature as needed.
- Assist Sales, Renewed, and Service Departments when required on equipment deliveries.
- Assure truck, trailer and all equipment are properly maintained, in proper working order, and present a professional image at all times.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform (non-technical) minor repairs and adjustments to material handling equipment as necessary.
- Perform charger adjustments such as connectors, fuses, line voltage, etc.
- Provide information to respective departments of leads or problems that they saw at the time of delivery or pick up.
- Provide information to Rental or Service Department of quality assurance.
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager/supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent.
- Basic knowledge of delivery truck functions and regulations.
- Paperwork accuracy.
- Excellent communication skills, telephone skills, and customer service skills.
- Basic technical skills.
- Basic knowledge of material handling equipment operation.
- Knowledge and familiarization of DOT regulations
***To learn more about our company, you may visit our web site at www.carolinahandling.com Please only send your resume to one location.
Please note that due to the extremely high volume of responses, we will only respond to those candidates whose backgrounds and experience most closely match our needs.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Carolina Handling, LLC is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability