Carolina Handling, is a leader in the Material Handling business. We are a strong and a rapidly growing company with a history of stable performance that focuses squarely on our associates. If you’re looking for a challenging, rewarding career where you can make a difference, then Carolina Handling is the place for you. At Carolina Handling, professional growth is fundamental to our corporate culture. Our motto is “Exceeding Customer Expectations”. This not only applies to our external customers, but to our internal customers – our Associates. We continually strive to exceed their expectations through career development, continuing education, advancement opportunities, job stability, great benefits and a culture unlike any other.
The Sales Manager will work closely with assigned accounts and Regional Sales personnel in establishing & maintaining core account customers. Will focus on maximizing market penetration and profitability. The incumbent will motivate the Sales team to achieve forecasted market shares and gross profit goals by providing the appropriate customer solutions and consistent account management of both new and existing customers. Objectives are to achieve maximum unit sales volume, market penetration, profit return and customer loyalty from the core account customers. Develop marketing programs, as required to meet demands or competition of the “market place”. This position requires an individual whose customer service skills assist us in achieving our motto "Exceeding Customer Expectations."
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLE
- Plan the forecasting and achievement of sales of Raymond products to the assigned National Accounts customers, and large non-Raymond customers and implement programs to meet these goals.
- Forecast and direct achievement of expense and profit objectives for the assigned National Accounts Sales in both short range and long range planning.
- Develop, implement, and administer Business Plans and functional reporting systems/procedures for continual measurement of performance against objectives.
- Analyze market potential and trends, determine areas where Raymond product sales are weak and initiate action to improve market penetration of National Accounts, major accounts and non-Raymond users.
- Direct the development and implementation of strategies, guidelines and marketing aids to increase the effectiveness of Carolina Handling personnel in selling to the major accounts segments of the market.
- Responsible to manage lease, Usage, and rental expirations within the assigned account base.
- Administer overall process of a customer’s needs in terms of specifications.
- Provide creative business solutions to customer needs.
- Responsible for every phase of marketing Raymond product and Carolina Handling, from simple product questions to major pricing/product strategies.
- Promote the Company and Sales department with present and potential customers through active marketing of programs and features such as: 1) Scheduled and Comprehensive Fixed Price maintenance contracts; 2) rental equipment; 3) rebuilt equipment; 4) truck and component rebuilding (shop work); 5) equipment specials and promotions; 6) Warehouse Solutions products.
- Strategizes with direct reports so they can perform successful cold calling to secure new business and maintain accounts.
- Develops annual budget and business plan for Divisional sales operations and has ultimate responsibility for the achievement of same.
- Develops written communication for the execution of sales contracts, and provides vendor and internal reports.
- Conducts customer sales calls and presentations.
- Provides internal conflict resolution for customer relations.
- Provides direct reports with monthly forecast for territory and review of current projects.
- Assimilates account information from a variety of sources into complete and successful strategies.
- Performs related duties as assigned or as the situation dictates.
- Will work closely with respective Manager (VP Sales, Director of Sales or RSM) on account planning and pricing decisions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- BA or BS in business or equivalent experience
- Comprehensive understanding of Financial Merchandising
- Exceptional business acumen with a demonstrated understanding of key business drivers
- Must be able to establish and maintain customer confidence.
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Extensive travel required
- Demonstrate persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Highly motivated to achieve challenging goals.
- Organizational, planning and prioritizing skills
- Excellent computer skills and efficient in Microsoft office products
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Product knowledge of Raymond and competitor forklifts and general sales and market knowledge of material handling industry
**To learn more about our company, you may visit our web site at www.carolinahandling.com. Please only send your resume to one location. Please note that due to the extremely high volume of responses, we will only respond to those candidates whose backgrounds and experience most closely match our needs.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.